Scholarship Application Process

Kids’ Chance of Kansas is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships for children of workers that have been killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease. Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year for which they are eligible.

header-image scholarship
Student eligibility
  • Child who is a dependent of a worker killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease within the State of Kansas.
  • Demonstrated financial need to pay for post-secondary education.
  • Accepted or already enrolled at a university, college or technical school.
  • Pursuing a degree as a FULL TIME or FULL OR PART-TIME student.
  • Completion of the FAFSA – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid – for students attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
  • Please complete the application to the best of your ability. You may need assistance to gather the necessary information.
  • After initial review, the scholarship committee may contact eligible students to verify information or secure missing information. Please respond to our inquiries.
  • The scholarship committee will determine the merit of each application and approve scholarships as funds allow.
  • Kids’ Chance of Kansas will notify approved students of their award amount, verify enrollment, and upon completion of the process, will send payment directly to the post-secondary institution.
  • Kids’ Chance of Kansas scholarships may be used for any item included in the official Cost of Attendance.
Documentation required for 1st year applicant
  • Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application with student, family and college contact information
  • Transcript of most recent grades – unofficial transcript is acceptable
  • Copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received from completing the FAFSA, with your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)
  • Brief description of the applicant’s education and career goals
  • Copy of deceased parent’s death certificate OR proof of compensable injury/illness claim as described in determination letter by the state worker’s compensation board
  • Parents’ basic employer information such as name, address, phone
  • Brief description of the injury, illness, or fatality

Please contact us via phone at 913-645-7466 or email at